The Dazzle™ algae destruction method is designed to be an easy-to-use, highly effective way to destroy algae problems with one application, including clearing up the water. It alleviates the need for messy, hard-to-use flocculants and filter aids, saving you time and frustration. The Dazzle™ method does not waste water and does not require a lot of work. Just apply the products and let them do their thing!
What is the Process?
- Brush and vacuum the pool to remove as much physical debris as possible.
- Where possible, test and balance the water – especially the pH (7.4 – 7.6). All swimming pool products work more effectively when the water is properly balanced.
- Add Dazzle™ Ultra Shock: This provides an initial shock treatment to the water. Use at the rate of 125 grams per 10,000 litres to provide the necessary chlorine and oxidation pre-treatment for the algicide. Apply slowly into a clean, empty skimmer for best results. Wait 15 minutes before moving to step #4.
- Add Dazzle™ Algae Clear 60. Our most powerful all-purpose algicide. Use at the rate of 100 ml per 10,000 litres to provide the necessary algae destroying capability to the water. Apply by pouring the required amount around the edges of the swimming pool.
Please Note: Not all algae problems can be destroyed in just one application of the above products. Factors that determine this; 1) how long has the algae been growing, 2) what is the resistance of the strain of algae that you have, 3) what other factors may be contributing to the issue (ie. compromised filtration or circulation, excessive contamination of phosphate, nitrate or ammonia, other chlorine demand issues (ie. pollen)).
If the pool water does not show noticeable signs of improvement in 48 hours, consult with your Dazzle Professional on next steps.
Only move on to Step #5 when the water has lost its green colouration. The absence of colour indicates the algae is dead and the clearing process can begin.
- Use Dazzle™ Clear Rebound: Our most effective product for accelerating the destruction of algae and for digesting the dead algae to return the water to the desired clarity. Use at the rate of 160 ml per 10,000 litres by pouring around the edges of the pool. Dazzle™ Clear Rebound digests dead algae, removing it from the pool. In colder water, this may take more time but a return to desired clarity should take place in 2 – 4 days. In very heavily infested swimming pools, a second application of Dazzle™ Clear Rebound may be required after 2 days.