Effective Date: May 2, 2020
Your Privacy and Backyard Brands Inc trading as Dazzle Water Care (collectively and individually referred to as “Dazzle”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
Who we are and how you can contact us
You can contact us for privacy related questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by completing this contact form – Contact Us.
We will only use your personal information in compliance with applicable privacy laws including, to the extent applicable, with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any replacement legislation or regulation or guidelines and standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
Our Role in your Privacy
As we are the providers of the products and services on this Site, we determine how and why your data is processed. We do not sell or rent your details to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we want you to know exactly what information is collected and how we use it.
When and How we collect Data
From the moment you visit our Site, we are collecting data, sometimes you might provide this data by completing a form or sending us an email, otherwise we might collect the data automatically. We may also collect data when:
- You interact with us on social media
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- You voluntarily submit your data to us for any reason
Types of Data we may collect (including automatically)
- Contact details (name, address, email)
- Financial Information (bank details when you become our customer)
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Data that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plug ins, geolocation, what operating system and version)
- Data on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions)
How and why we use your Data and disclosure
Under data laws, we are only allowed to use your data for specific reasons and where we have the legal basis to do so.
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- To run our Site
- provide you with products, information and services
- Customer support
- Track your purchase history
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Improve our Site
- Make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- Market research e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- Provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest
- Marketing (with your consent)
- Monitor your compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions
We may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- As required by law subject to our obligations
- With your consent
- Within our business
- Send you marketing material (with your consent)
- Process your participation in any promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your name online and on our social media platforms)
- Share with third parties to enable us to provide our products and / or services
We use Google Analytics functions. You can find out how your data is collected here and there are instructions here on how to opt-out of Google Analytics data tracking.
What are your choices?
Don’t provide us with personal data
You can choose not to provide us with any personal data. However if you do this, we will not be able to provide you with any products or services, however, you can continue to use our Site and browse the pages of our Site.
Turning off cookies
Don’t want marketing?
We will always let you know before we collect any data from you what the intended use is and if we intend to use it for marketing and if third parties are involved we will obtain your consent (which you can withdraw at any time). You can change your mind about marketing material by opting out by (a) completing the contact us form on our contact page or by unsubscribing within the email if you have previously subscribed to our newsletter.
What are your rights?
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us via the contact us page on our Site – Contact Us – OR via email at email@example.com.
You can access information we hold about you
We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We will tell you if we can’t comply with your request and why.
You can contact us to ask us to correct any information we hold about you, that you believe is inaccurate.
Objections to using data for profiling or automated decisions
We may use your data to determine what products and services are relevant to you (e.g. tailoring our emails based on your behaviour), otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will use this data is to provide our products and services to you.
You have the right to be forgotten
You have the right to request for your data to be erased. This means we have to delete all information that we hold about you, except to the extent of any information we are required to hold due to our legal obligations.
You have the right to make a complaint regarding the use of your data
If you have any complaints regarding how your data is handled, please contact us via our contact us page: Contact Us – or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How secure is the data collected
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their data and whilst we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, or receive from us, we take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your data. This includes the following:
- Password access to accounts
- Storing electronic data with reputable third party storage providers who have appropriate security protections
- Limit access to personal information to individuals who need to know.
Where do we store data
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your data may be processed in countries outside of Canada. If we transfer personal data outside of Canada, we will ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by ensuring these service providers have the same or similar measures in place to protect data shared.
How long do we store data
We will keep your data for as long as we need it and this period will also depend on your interactions with us. If you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing and tax purposes. When we no longer need to keep your information, we will delete it.
Third parties who process your data
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our suppliers and service providers working for us
- Our professional and legal advisors
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so.
- Share with third parties who enable us to provide our products and services which may include:
- payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal, Xero, Shopify who may process your payment for any products and services bought from us;
- Social media and analytics such as Facebook, Instagram and Google Adwords for purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria;
- Other third parties for processing and holding Data that enables us to ensure you are kept informed of our products and/or services, logins and marketing material, offers, promotions, newsletters and blogs.
All of our real time credit card authorizations are handled by TD Merchant and are secured by bank grade encryption technology to comply with applicable banking laws. The following measures are taken to protect your data:
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by us or any outside party.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within the third party payment processors bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
Age of consent
By using this site, you warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your Province of residence. Our Site should not be used by anyone under the age of majority and we do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of majority.
Cookies and how to block them
What are cookies?
Unfortunately they are not the edible kind! “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. They do not harm your systems and the HELP function in your browser will tell you how to restrict or block the cookies. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.