There’s something special about the taste of BBQ; it tastes like family get-togethers and social afternoons with friends. And barbequed meals don’t have to live a summer-only shelf life! We fully support the all seasons BBQ! Whether it’s a full meal, vegetarian halloumi burgers, or grilled peaches for dessert, the BBQ just offers that extra level of…shall we say joy? Perhaps we’re the odd ones out, but we have a feeling there are others out there who feel the same way! That’s why we’re sharing our favourite 3 easy BBQ recipes for all seasons.
With the colder months upon us, we can still enjoy a nice BBQ. Opting for something simple that gives you that warm, full feeling of coziness, we’d suggest these Honey Sweet Potato Chicken Kebabs.
Honey Sweet Potato Chicken Kebabs
This BBQ recipe from @backyardbossnet needs:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1½-inch chunks and layers separated
- olive oil
- 7 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
To make the spice mix glaze:
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Put the small potato pieces into a saucepan and add just enough water to cover them. Bring them to a boil on medium and cook for 5 minutes, partly covered, until they’re almost cooked but still a little firm. Take them off the heat and let cool.
- While they cool, get the mix and glaze ready by mixing the garlic salt, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and crushed red pepper. Mix together the honey and cider vinegar separately and set them aside.
- Toss the chicken in a bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil with half of the spice mix. Repeat with the cooled potato pieces and sweet onion. Put the sweet potatoes, onion, and chicken onto soaked skewers, alternating the food item for a lovely look and taste.
- Now it’s time to grill! Put the BBQ on medium-high and grill the skewers for 8 minutes or until the chicken juices are clear. Turn throughout and brush with the honey glaze.
- Take them off the grill and enjoy your wonderful fall and winter BBQ!
If you’re living a vegetarian life, we salute you! Here’s one of our favourite vegetarian all seasons BBQ recipes from @bbcgoodfood:
Whether you’re at home or out camping, try this out:
- 250g of halloumi cheese cut into 8 thick slices
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 tbsp of hummus
- 1 large tomato, sliced thinly
- Lettuce to garnish the burger
- Fresh tomato salsa
- Preheat the BBQ. Brush both sides of the halloumi cheese slices with olive oil and toss them on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they’re golden.
- Toast the buns briefly on both sides, then spread hummus on the bottom halves.
- Add the tomato, halloumi and lettuce.
- Top with salsa on the top half of the bun.
- Enjoy these stellar halloumi burgers!
To wrap up our 3 easy BBQ recipes for all seasons, we’ve brought you the perfect recipe to finish off your meal! If you like to live on the edge, why not try a BBQ dessert? In summer and early fall, peaches are delightful! Check out this recipe of grilled peaches with honey goat cheese we found @allrecipes.
They describe this delectable dish as a cheesecake with a peach base. Heavenly and not overly harsh on the waistline? Does dessert get much better?
Grilled Peaches with Honey Goat Cheese
For this delicious BBQ dessert you’ll need:
- 4 fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 8 mint leaves
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tbsps skim milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Start by getting that BBQ to a nice, medium heat and lightly oil the grill. Then, mix together the goat cheese, milk and honey in a small bowl. Grill the peaches first, with the cut side facing down on the grill. After about 5 or so minutes, they’ll start to caramelize and show those beautiful grill marks. Once they reach this point, pop the grilled peaches off the barbecue and fill each half with 1 tablespoon of the drool-worthy cheese mix. Add a mint leaf and serve them warm. Perfection.
There you have it, all seasons BBQ recipes at your fingertips. Now go enjoy that special meal!
Image credit: Little Broken